The Potain Company, Inc., headquartered in the United States (“Potain”), owns and operates its Web site at www.PotainBuildBetter.com (“Web site”). Protection of the personal data of the users of its Web site is of great importance for Potain.
To that purpose, Potain commits to carry out processing of personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations in the countries from which its users access and use Web site, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (known as « GDPR »).
1. What kind of data do we collect?
When you visit our Web site, we automatically collect technical data such as your IP address, type of terminal you use and web browser you have used to reach our website, in order to allow and provide you with a better connection to the Web site. We may also detail your activity and preferences when visiting our Web site (see “Cookies”, below).
2. Under what legal basis are we collecting your data?
We collect and process personal data regarding your activity and personal preferences through cookies on the basis of your consent, as expressed when consenting to cookies (see “Cookies” below).
We may also use personal data regarding your browsing of the Web site to monitor security of this Web site and/or for troubleshooting purposes. This processing is based on Potain’s legitimate interest in improving its own services.
3. How do we use your personal data?
We use the personal data we collect from you for the following purposes:
- to provide the information and services you request from us when using our Web site, such as downloads, tools, specification information and promotions,
- to respond to your customer service requests (order, warranty, training),
- to provide our supplier with supply chain collaboration tools (order, forecast, deliveries),
- to operate our Web site, and optimize the way you access to our product information and services,
- to send you newsletters, magazine subscriptions, marketing information, products, services and offers requested by you,
- to send administrative e-mails (for example, if you forget your password),
- to monitor our Web site and detect / prevent a security breach of our Server or Web site.
4. Do we share your personal data?
We do not share or sell your personal data to third-parties which have no affiliation to our Company.
We may share (but will not sell) your personal data with our affiliated companies, vendors or consultants (“Affiliates”) who work directly with us to provide you with information and services you request. Those Affiliates are not permitted to use your personal data for any purpose other than to assist us in providing you with information and services you request or for the Company’s internal use.
5. How can you access & control your personal data?
As an individual, you have the right to:
- obtain access to your personal data and portability of your personal data,
- request rectification or erasure of your personal data,
- request limitation of the processing of your personal data,
- withdraw your consent to processing your personal data, in case such processing is based on your consent,
- if you are an European resident, provide instructions to Potain regarding the use of your personal data after your death.
Such rights need to be exercised towards Manitowoc DPO _ Data Protection Officer_ via an email to DPO-GDPR@manitowoc.com. In order to exercise such rights, you have to provide proof of your identity by providing an official and valid document of identity (e.g. ID Card, driver’s license, …).
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
When you don’t use it anymore, your password will expire after 90 days, then we’ll keep your personal data for 3 years from your last connection to your account. After this delay, your account will be deleted, unless it is required by applicable law to keep it longer.
7. Where do we keep your personal data?
With regards to international transfers of personal data, we follow the requirements of the corresponding countries including, for example, the use of standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data outside of the European Union
Our Web site contains electronic “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small text file that a Website saves on your computer, laptop, smartphone, digital tablet, etc. when you visit that Website. It enables to analyze your actions and remember your preferences (login, language, display preferences).
- to help personalize your visits to our Web site,
- to keep track of your access to our website,
- to improve your experience when using our Web site and to record your online activity.
Cookies will not damage your computer files.
You may disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you disable cookies, you may not have access to certain areas of our Web site.
9. Security measures to protect your personal data
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal data. The Potain information security program combines all aspects to comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations in respect of (i) protection against unauthorized disclosures, (ii) ensuring integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems, and (iii) maintaining the ability to restore the availability and access to the Personal Data being processed in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
However, no internet data transmission is ever completely secure and we cannot guarantee that we will eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal data by intruders or persons who intercept that transmission before it reaches our Web site.
We do not intentionally solicit personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may only utilize our site with the assistance and consent of a parent or guardian.
12. Governing Law
Except where expressly prohibited by local law, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, United States of America.
13. Complaint to local authority
You may at any time lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding Potain’s collection and processing of your personal data. In France, you can lodge a complaint with the CNIL Agency. In Germany, you can lodge a complaint with the BFDI Agency.
Potain has appointed a Data Protection Officer that you can contact for any questions relating to the processing of your personal data via email at DPO-GDPR@manitowoc.com, or by letter at:
- Manitowoc France, 66 Chemin du Moulin Carron, 69570 Dardilly, France
- Manitowoc Germany GmbH, Industriestraße, 26389 Wilhelmshaven, Germany
Special Notice to California Residents:
On an annual basis, California residents have the right to receive information about third parties with whom we share your personal data, if any, for marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal data we have shared. To make a request for this information, please send an e-mail to our Webmaster at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within thirty days of receipt.
Version 1.1 May 2018